Bitcoin Price Analysis (Updated Today)
Today, Bitcoin has a price of $ 16,739.94 with a total market cap of $ 311,000,067,666 and a daily volume of $ 38,193,530,729. Bitcoin is up -3.25% within the last 24 hours against the US Dollar (USD) and ranked 1 out of all the cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin Price Chart (BTC/USD)
Use the converter below to calculate how much your Bitcoin (BTC) is worth in real-time against any fiat currency.
Latest Bitcoin News (Live)
- Bitcoin price dives back under $16,900 as whale deposits spike againCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBitcoin loses $17,000 as whales started to deposit BTC to exchanges once again.
- Wallets with less than 1 BTC account for just 5% of Bitcoin’s market capCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoWith the number of “wholecoiner” Bitcoin wallets holding at least 1 BTC increasing every year, the remaining addresses represent just 5% of Bitcoin’s market cap.
- Stack Funds hails Bitcoin's 'healthy correction' predicts ‘euphoria’ aheadCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoBitcoin could surge towards $100,000 next year following yesterday’s “healthy pullback”, with market psychology currently in the “belief” stage says Stack Funds.
- Cointelegraph Consulting: Overwhelming bullish sentiment once again proves costlyCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoAnalysis of sentiment and on-chain data shows that a correction was likely to occur. Is there still room for growth?
- Cypherpunk Holdings becomes 9th largest public holder of BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoCanadian holding company dumped XMR and ETH to fund its acquisition.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency founded in 2009 by an anonymous person by the name of ‘Satoshi Nakamoto‘. The astronomical increase in the price of Bitcoin is believed to be because of its limited supply of 21 million and increased demand for a decentralised store of value. Some believe that Bitcoin resembles the closest thing to ‘Digital Gold‘ on earth.