Bitcoin Price Analysis (Updated Today)
Today, Bitcoin has a price of $ 48,985.00 with a total market cap of $ 906,092,068,106 and a daily volume of $ 56,226,455,153. Bitcoin is up 1.14% within the last 24 hours against the US Dollar (USD) and ranked 1 out of all the cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin Price Chart (BTC/USD)
Use the converter below to calculate how much your Bitcoin (BTC) is worth in real-time against any fiat currency.
Latest Bitcoin News (Live)
- Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme? Pick your side in the latest Cointelegraph Crypto Duel!Cointelegraph.com News - 15 minutes agoKraken Bitcoin strategist Pierre Rochard debates professor of computer science Jorge Stolfi on whether Bitcoin meets the definition of a Ponzi scheme.
- Big Tech sell-off and rising Treasury yield pin Bitcoin price below $50KCointelegraph.com News - 52 minutes agoA sharp spike in the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield and an extended Big Tech sell-off is weighing on cryptocurrency prices as investors flee risk-on assets.
- Bitcoin ETF may come to US, but not all crypto investors think it’s neededCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoAs Bitcoin ETFs launch in Canada, an approval from U.S. authorities appears to be closer than ever before as naysayers start to run out of…
- No more 'Bitcoin effect'? MicroStrategy stock falls by 50% in 17 daysCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe excitement around Bitcoin has spilled over beyond spot price, data shows, with MSTR going from above $1,300 to $629 in just 17 days.
- Crypto Pepes: What does the frog meme?Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours ago
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency founded in 2009 by an anonymous person by the name of ‘Satoshi Nakamoto‘. The astronomical increase in the price of Bitcoin is believed to be because of its limited supply of 21 million and increased demand for a decentralised store of value. Some believe that Bitcoin resembles the closest thing to ‘Digital Gold‘ on earth.